Friday, March 28, 2014

Freedom of Expression vs. Bullying

I am going to make a little note about freedom of expression.  I have always been one to appreciate innuendos.  I love pasties.  I have ever since I found out what they were, and, thanks to my mother, I was actually quite young.  I know the purpose of covering the essential parts. lol.  And I know what separates inappropriate from suggestive.
My mother told me all about the raids of the old burlesque houses and how they were justified by the strippers showing too much, hence the need for pasties. lol.  She had even experimented some with stripping when she did Gypsy twice, once as Electra and once as Tessie Tura.  She told me about her bar friendship with Rose La Rose in Toledo and how Miss La Rose wanted my mother to strip at her club there in Toledo.
I enjoy pushing the envelope.  What I do not appreciate is people such as the three prudes who have come to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bettysaponipinup with the intent to throw insults. These.women have not attempted to add me as a friend, nor have they liked my page.  They merely came to try to be bullies.  There is no excuse for what they do.  Isn't the old Biblical saying "judge not lest ye be judged?"  Those without sin are welcome to cast the first stone.
My thought on them is why did they bother coming to my page?  Could it be that they are closet lesbians who found photographs such as these enticing?  I came out as bisexual years ago, and I am a much happier person for it.  And I am proud to say that I enjoy looking at pin-up art, cheesecake, burlesque, bdsm, and erotica.
Anyways, back to my original thought.  I know what I can and cannot do to push the envelope.  I love the tease.  The imagination is a very powerful thing.  As Gypsy Rose Lee said, the art of strip tease is like taking candy from a baby.  You dangle it in front of them, then you take it away.  Always let their imaginations run wild so they come back for more. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment