Saturday, March 29, 2014

Striptease, performers, and husbands






Today, I decided to post some of my singing stripper work for the world to see after too long a time.  We had another video that was much better quality, but my computer would not open the file from my Canon Power Shot SX130.  So, after my honey left for the day, I continued to try to find a solution to the problem.  I had promised my audience a video, so I made them a video.  Here I am singing and stripping to "Dream A Little Dream"  http://youtu.be/9hrOf-Iyc-c

I must say that my dear, sweet husband is the most amazing man ever!  We performers can turn into fireballs of craziness before performances or when things aren't quite going right with a project...I have to admit that I am a true performer. lol

My honey was also getting frustrated, but he has this way of dealing with my performance anxiety like none other.  He can calm me to a tolerable point at most times, and can calm me completely down when he has time to take me to the bedroom.  lol.  I really want to thank him for putting up with me :)

We have been reminiscing about my former burlesque days.  I had done a striptease as a nun to "I'm a Woman," a school teacher in "I Don't Know Enough About You," Jessica Rabbit in "My Heart Belongs To Daddy," among others, getting my official start in a show called Miss Kitty's Hot Box which was founded by Miss Judy Brown and we debuted in the spring of 2001.  We continued to do a variety of shows after until Miss Judy moved out of state.  I was a founding member of another group after that, and I even had my own Mistress Magenta's Burlesque Review for a little while until I had entered a bad relationship. This relationship caused me to quit burlesque.  The entire relationship was bad for me in general with my own needs, desires, dreams, and self-worth, so it is no surprise burlesque had gone by the wayside for a bit.  I had attempted to go into pin-up late in the relationship, but that was also frowned upon, so I had left that, too.  Until a little over a year ago.

The only thing I had continued with was my singing.  I played The Witch in Into the Woods,  worked with the Opera Columbus chorus as a Mezzo for three years, solo work as an operatic soloist professionally with a few churches, recital work, taught voice lessons, sang and played bass with jazz combos, sang with a couple big bands...I did a lot with music, but the situation I was in was even killing my love for music.

A little over a year ago, Doc and I merged two of our loves.  He loves to take pictures, and I love to pose for the camera.  He had asked to take special pictures of me for himself.  I had never done those kind of pictures before, but I felt comfortable doing it for this man.  I find peace and mutual respect with him.

All except with singing. Until now.

I serenaded him with Dream a Little Dream about a year ago...I sang and accompanied myself on banjo.  It made me more nervous than anything I had ever done.  I am more comfortable singing in front of a huge audience than I am singing to the man I love.  But, I had decided I was finally going to reunite my burlesque tendencies with my voice, so I pulled it together and sang for him.  Then the video didn't work.  Lol.  So my "selfie" video is dedicated to him.  I love you, honey!! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment