Tuesday, March 25, 2014


These are a few of the most recent photographs my husband Doc Feelgood has taken.  We have a fascination with old school vintage style bondage.  I have always been a character actress, so the bondage is fun for me.  Not to say we don’t enjoy standard cheesecake, because we do, but the bondage has been a fun outlet while the weather has been crappy.  ;)  What I also find entertaining is my husband had the hobbles made by a local Amish merchant.  That makes me giggle.
I find the bondage stuff to actually be quite a turn on.  Both my husband and I like to keep things interesting lol.   I find it a way to keep that feeling of excitement going even though we have been together for a while and know each other’s ins and outs pretty well, I should say.
Doing the photo shoots has also helped me a bunch with my self-esteem and body image.  I have a bad case of Hashimoto’s Hypothyroidism, which is an autoimmune disease where the body attacks the thyroid as if it was a foreign body and, as in my case, destroys it.  I have been battling it since I was diagnosed in 2006, and it goes up and down with the effectiveness of the synthetic thyroid hormone I have to take in order to have a metabolism. Within the past year, I quit smoking and went hypo, and the end result was I gained 40 lbs.  I had also let my diet slip a bit as well, and I have currently straightened that out.  One major thing I cut out was soda pop. I am also doing a daily Pilates routine.  Not sure if I have lost any weight just yet, but I am starting to feel more toned.  
These photo shoots are also a way for me to connect with who I am and where I have come from.  I have been on the stage since I was little, including everything from musical theatre to opera as a mezzo soprano to burlesque to singing with big bands and jazz combos to drama to film work.  I consider myself a performer.  Three years ago, I moved to a rural community where there isn’t a whole lot to do in the way of performance, so this has become my outlet for that, as well.
I hope you enjoy what you see and read!  Thank you for checking me out!  ;)

You can see more of me at https://www.facebook.com/bettysaponipinup 






No comments:

Post a Comment